Nothing is more relaxing that having a good sleep after a very stressful day at work or in school, and since our bodies need enough rest to regain the energy it has lost after being active for a lot of hours, it is best that we are aware of how our habits affect the quality of our sleep.
Below is the list of sleeping habits that you might not know can actually have great effect in your well-being and health.
1. Avoid sleeping with barefoot, try using some heating pads or socks to cover your feet and keep it warm.
2. Do not sleep with full stomach. This affects your digestion and making your body stay awake. Always sleep at least 2-4 hours after eating.
3. Never drink coffee 4 hours prior to bed time because caffeine increases your body’s activeness. As much as possible, refrain from using cheap mattress. Invest in high quality mattress that will make you sleep comfortable.
4. Avoid bringing your book and reading to fall asleep.
5. Never get bright colored alarm clocks, the dimmer numbers the better sleep you will have.
6. Avoid sleeping on different time; make it a habit to sleep on the same time to prepare your brain for rest.
7. Try not drinking any liquid 1-2 hours before sleeping to prevent sleep disturbance of waking up to pee in the middle of the night.
8. Keep your electronic gadgets away from bed as it distracts you from having a peaceful sleep.
9. Never exercise 3 hours before bed time because exercising keeps your body awake.
10. Avoid sleeping on your back or stomach to lessen back pain or stiff neck, try sleeping on your side for better position and better sleep.
11. And lastly, make it a habit to have a bed time routine to prepare your brain for rest time.
You can try these listed habits and see for yourself how much your sleeping quality can actually change and how much your health can improve.
SOURCE : Your Daily Journal