It is amazing that our government have different programs and agencies that can aide us in preparing for our future. Knowing that you will work almost half of your life, having a little investment for your future is great. That is why you must learn the benefits that you can acquire from your monthly contributions.
From learning the different benefits you can avail from PHILHEALTH and SSS, here comes another one from HDMF (Home Development Mutual Fund) or popularly known as PAG-IBIG, which gives services like Housing Loans. It is one of the mandatory monthly contributions we can see on our payslips.
Pag-ibig also offers a service called Pag-ibig Savings Program, it works like a bank account wherein members can withdraw their Total Accumulated Savings (TAV).
But before that, we would like to explain first the grounds or criteria one must comply to be able to withdraw his/her TAV.
The 6 Grounds for PAG-IBIG Membership and Termination Withdrawal are the ff:
1. MEMBERSHIP MATURITY
Member must have at least 240 monthly membership contribution.
PAG-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) members should have accumulated 4,10,15 or 20 years contributions depending on the option chosen upon membership registration.
Members must be at least 65 years old- the mandatory retiring age.
Optional retirement may be availed due to the following circumstance:
a. Actual retirement from SSS. GSIS, or a separate employer provident/retirement plan provided the member has at least reached age 45.
3. PERMANENT TOTAL DISABILITY OR INSANITY
Temporary Total Disability lasting continuously for more than 120 days
Complete loss of sight of both eyes.
Loss of two limbs at or over the ankle or wrist
Permanent Complete Paralysis of two limbs
Brain injury resulting to incurable imbecility or insanity,
Such other cases which are adjudged to be total and permanent disability by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.
4. TERMINATION FROM SERVICE BY REASON OF HEALTH.
5. PERMANENT DEPARTURE FROM THE COUNTRY.
In case of d***h, the Fund benefits shall be divided among the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as amended by the New Family Code.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CLAIM
Basic Requirements apply to all reason for claim
1. Application for Provident Benefits Claim ( APB HQP-PFF-040 )
2. PAG-IBIG Transaction Card and one (1) valid ID card with photo and signature of Claimant.
If the Pag-ibig Transaction Card is not available, two (2) valid ID Cards with photo and signature of Claimant.
PAG-IBIG Transaction Card and one (1) valid ID card with photo and signature of Claimant.
3. Service Record (For Government Employee)
4. Statement of Service (for AFP)
A. For D***h
1. NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s D***h Certificate
2. Notarized Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs (HQP-PFF-030)
3. NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of all children or Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate (If with child/children)
4. Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship (HQP-PFF-028) (if with child/children below 18 years old, or if child/children is/are physically/mentally incompetent)
5. To establish kinship with the deceased member, the claimant shall submit any one of the following:
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Birth Certificate
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Non-Availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2)
- Disinterested Persons (HQP-PFF-029)
- Certified True Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate
- If Member is single, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
- If Member is married, NSO Certified True Copy of Member’s Marriage Contract and Advisory on Marriage.
- Pag-Ibig Fund Contribution/Efren Nolasco
B. For Retirement
1. Any one of the following:
· NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
· NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Non-Availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons (HQP-PFF-029)
2. Notarized Certificate of Early Retirement (For Private Employee only, at least 45 years old)
3. GSIS Retirement Voucher (For Government Employee)
4. Order of Retirement (For AFP)
C. For Permanent Total Disability or Insanity/Termination from the Service by Reason of Health
Physician’s Certificate/Statement (With clinical or medical abstract)
D. For Permanent Departure from the Country
· Photocopy of Passport with Immigrant Visa/Residence Visa/Settlement Visa or its equivalent
· Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently (HQP-PFF-031) (No need to submit if already based abroad)
STEPS IN PROCESSING YOUR CLAIM
Visits Pag-IBIG Fund Office nearest to you. Proceed to window 1 and inquire about the PAG-IBIG Fund Withdrawal. Prepare your valid ID and they will then verify if you have unpaid Housing Loan or Short Term Loans acquired.
After verification you will be directed to another window and will be given the Application Provident Benefits Claim (APB HQP-PFF-040). Fill it up and you will be given a claim stub indicating the date for his check to be available for pick-up.
If you aren’t sure of your Total Accumulated Value (TAV) you can always ask for print out, just visit nearest Pag-IBIG Fund office in your place or you can email them at email@example.com or call them 724-4244 (Pag-IBIG) – 24/7 Call Center operation.