The United Kingdom is one of the countries frequently visited by many Filipinos. Just like travelling in other countries, Filipinos should possess a Philippine passport and a visa prior of travelling to the UK. The good news is that applying for UK tourist visa has been made easy and simple. In fact, no interview is involved unless otherwise needed.
Filipinos who are planning to visit United Kingdom should apply for Standard Visitor Visa. It serves the purpose if you want to travel UK for leisure, for business or for medical treatment.
When is the right time to apply for UK tourist visa?
The ideal time to apply for UK tourist visa is 3 months prior to your travel. This means that if you’re planning to travel to UK on June 30, then you can apply as early as March 30.
Basic requirements for UK Tourist Visa
Generally, the UK embassy requires applicants to submit the original documents. But, the birth certificate will be returned upon the delivery of the passport and visa. However, you can submit colored photocopies of the visa stamps and old passport.
The requirements include the following:
- Application form
- Birth certificate (latest issue from PSA)
- Old passport with travel stamps and visa
- Bank certificate
- Bank statement ( for the last 6 months)
- Income tax return
- Pay slips
- Certificate of employment
- DTI permit and Mayor’s permit ( for self-employed)
- Travel itinerary
- Roundtrip flight reservation and hotel reservations
Steps in applying for UK tourist visa
- Create your application account
The first thing to do is to create an account and register at visa4uk so that you can fill out the application form online and print it out. You can also set a schedule of your appointment.
- Select the visa type that you will apply for.
- Make sure to provide correct information and edit the details before confirming the application.
- Schedule your appointment and pay the application fee.
- Bring the application form and other requirements to the UK Visa Center.
You may also want to read: How to Renew Philippine Passports in Vancouver Canada