With the huge number of people applying and renewing for Philippine passport, the Department of Foreign Affairs had come up to introduce and use new system. Presently, the DFA has been implementing the online appointment system for all those who will apply and renew Philippine passport. They won’t be entertained in the DFA office without prior appointment.
However, there are instances when applicants decided to reschedule or cancel their appointments due to unexpected events. The good news is that the system would allow it, but is should be done three days prior to the confirmed date of appointment.
It is important and better to cancel your appointment if you think that you can’t make it on the scheduled day. Otherwise, it would cause issues when you set an appointment in the future. In fact, the DFA is planning to impose penalty to those applicants who would not appear on the set schedule.
Here’s how you can cancel or reschedule your passport appointment:
Cancelation of passport appointment
If you think to cancel your appointment, all you have to do visit this link www.passport.gov.ph/appointment/view. You’ll need to provide your email address used when applying for online appointment and the appointment code sent on your email.
Clicking the “view details” button you’ll see the appointment date details and the options either to cancel or reschedule appointment. Keep in mind that cancellation of appointment will be granted if done 3 days prior to the confirmed date of appointment. An email will be sent confirming that the cancellation of appointment was successful.
Rescheduling the passport appointment
The steps in rescheduling passport appointment are the same with the cancellation process. But, you will be directed to a page where you can opt to select or make new appointment schedule. Upon confirmation, you will an email confirming that your appointment was rescheduled.
You should expect to find difficulty in finding new time slots to reschedule your appointment because the slots were filled up quickly.
Take note Passport Appointment is Needed for the following:
- OFW with sufficient proof of status such as iDOLE Card, valid employment contract (authenticated by POEA), and work visa
- Senior Citizen with Senior Citizen ID
- Person with Disability (PWDs) with PWD ID or visible disability
- Solo Parent with Valid Solo Parent ID
- Pregnant women with medical certificate
- Minors seven (7) years old and below
You may avail of the OFW LANE or PRIORITY LANE at DFA Aseana or at any DFA Satellite Office or Regional Consular Office to apply for your passport.
Also read this important reminders:
- Carefully review all fields in the online form and provide complete and accurate information.
- The system relies on email messaging to inform you of updates. Depending on actual server load and network traffic, the server may take some time before it can send a confirmation email for the selected booking.
- Depending on your email provider and configuration settings, the system-generated email may be incorrectly tagged as spam and delivered to your JUNK/SPAM folder. Check your spam folder for emails if no message appears in your Inbox after a considerable amount of time.
- Always try to use recommended emails like Yahoo and Gmail account.
If you have something to ask or want to add informative ideas regarding on this passport appointment online you may leave your thoughts in the comment box or for more details you may visit this site https://www.passport.gov.ph/.