To increase existing force of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, an announcement was made to hire an additional of 70 BJMP Jail Officers this year.
This is a good opportunity for those who want to be in the government service, joining the BJMP is a good start of your professional career. Being a jail officer gives you the chance to help those behind bars and at the same time enjoy the benefits of a secured and decent job.
How to File the Application for BJMP Jail Officer 1
The filing of application is until April 30, 2018. The application letter must be addressed to the Chief of the BJMP. You can either submit the application letter personally or send it through email. Address and email indicated below.
JDIR DEOGRACIAS C TAPAYAN, CESE
144 BJMP Bldg., Mindanao Ave., Project 8, Quezon City
email: [email protected]
Submit the letter in a folder and attach the following documentary requirements listed below:
How to qualify as BJMP Jail Officer 1
There’s a set of qualifications for those interested applicants who want to apply in BJMP as a Jail Officer 1:
- Must be a Filipino resident (male or female)
- Possessing a good moral character
- Must pass the Neuro-Psychiatric, d**g test, and medical examinations
- Mentally and physically fit for training
- Must be a college graduate
- Must be a CSC eligible or have passed the Penology Officer Examination
- No derogatory records, or dishonorably discharged from any employment
- Must not be convicted
- Must be 21 to 30 years old, at least 5’4” for male and 5’2” for female
- Must possess standard weight corresponding to the age, gender, and height.
Applicants who belong to cultural communities and certified by the NCMF or NCIP can use the age and height waivers.
Basic requirements for BJMP Jail Officer 1
To apply for Jail Officer 1, the applicant must complete the requirements including the following:
- Personal Data Sheet revised 2017 with latest passport-size photo
- Photocopy of PSA birth certificate
- Authenticated transcript of records and diploma
- Authenticated board rating or certificate of eligibility
- Photocopy of NBI, Police, Barangay, and court clearances
- Photocopy of marriage certificate issued by PSA (for married applicants)
- Photocopy of NCMF/NCIP certificate
Once you have passed the medical and neuro-psychiatric exam, the training will start. After a few months of training, the monthly salary are as follows:
- Jail Officer I = 21,771
- Jail Officer II = 23,513
- Jail Officer III = 25,394
- Jail Officer IV = 27,425