Step by step process and requirements in Non-Professional Driver’s License application.
Driving is a very important skill. With the stress and hassle of commuting and riding the public transportation, it becomes an important ability. A lot of people opt to buy their own vehicle and learn how to drive than to venture into the disorganized flow of traffic, especially in the metro.
That’s why the demand of driver’s license application has increased over the years. There have actually been issues about the license cards issuance that caused the delays, but recently, LTO said that it will finally be released.
For those who are still planning to upgrade their Student Driver’s License to Non-Professional License, after 1 month you may do so. Here are the requirements and procedures you may follow, as also published on gov.ph.
Non Pro License Qualifications :
- At least 18 years old
- Physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle
- Able to read and write in Filipino or English
- Clean, neat and presentable*
*Wearing of sando, sports shorts, and slippers during photo-taking and examinations will not be allowed.
LTO Non Pro Requirements:
- Duly accomplished application form for driver’s license (ADL) [get the application form here].
- Valid student permit (at least one month old)
- Medical certificate with official receipt from any duly-licensed and practicing physician (Note: The LTO will not accept medical certificates which are over 15 days old.)
- Negative d**g test result (from a DOH accredited d**g testing center & Government Hospital)
- If employed: Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
- Must have passed the written and practical examinations*
*Applicants who fail the Basic Driving Theory Test and/or the Practical Driving Test twice shall not be allowed to apply for the same within a period of 1 year. An applicant who fails either of the tests for the third time will not be allowed to apply for a period of 2 years.
LTO Non Pro License Procedures:
- Go to the customer service counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a driver’s license application form. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.] Get a queue number.
- When your number is called, go to the evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- When your name is called, go to where your photo and signature will be taken.
- Go to the cashier to pay the application fee.
- Go to the Examination Room for the lecture and written exam.
- After passing the written exam, wait for your name to be called for the practical exam.
- After passing the practical exam, go to the cashier when your name is called for payment of necessary fees and obtain an official receipt (OR).
- Go to the releasing counter, wait for your name to be called and present the OR and claim the card type license.
LTO Licensing Center:
Any LTO licensing center/ district office with new driver’s license transactions or check this list of LTO Branches in Manila.
LTO Non Pro License Fees and charges
Application Fee P100.00
Computer Fee P67.63
License Fee P350.00
Computer Fee P67.63
Visit www.lto.gov.ph for more information.