The vision of Pag-IBIG Fund is to allow Filipino workers to save with Pag-IBIG Fund and in return to provide them decent shelter.
With this the agency have been creating and offering various loan programs that members can avail. Pag-IBIG Fund offers both long and short-term loan programs such as the multi-purpose loan program or MPL.
The main objective of multi-purpose loan program is to give financial assistance to members that can be use for minor home improvement, house repair, home refurbishment, educational and tuition expenses, livelihood, health and wellness, and other purposes.
How to apply for multi-purpose loan?
Pag-IBIG Short Term Loan Borrower’s eligibility
- The member must contribute at least 24 monthly membership savings or MS. However, if the member has withdrawn or optionally withdrawn the MS, he or she is not allowed to avail MPL.
- One MS must be made within the last six months before applying for loan.
- If there’s an existing housing or calamity loan, the payment for the account must be updated.
- The member/applicant must submit sufficient proof of income.
Requirements for Pag-IBIG Short Term Loan
The member/applicant must secure and submit the following requirements:
- Multi-purpose loan application form (duly accomplished)
- Proof of income
- For formally-employed member, the employer must accomplish the “certificate of monthly net income” printed at the back of the form. The member can also present photocopy of recent payslip authenticated by the authorized representative of the company.
- For individual or self-employed members, they should submit photocopy of commission vouchers or mayor’s/business permit or other proof of income.
- The release of loan proceeds shall be made through disbursement card or payroll account. The applicant must submit a photocopy of deposit slip or the disbursement card/payroll account must be duly certified by the employer.
List of valid IDs that you can present to Pag-IBIG Fund include the following:
- Company ID
- Driver’s license
- PRC ID
- SSS card
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- OWWA or OFW ID
The loan amount depends on the capability of the borrower to pay, desired loan amount, and loan entitlement. The member can avail 80% of the total accumulated value, but if there’s an existing loan the loan amount is lesser.
The MPL is payable within 24 months and a grace period of 2 months. The interest rate is based on the existing guidelines set by Pag-IBIG Fund.