Are you a PLDT Home Fibr subscriber? Upon installation of the PLDT Home Fibr internet connection, a specific WiFi name and password is assigned to a subscriber. However, for security reason it is essential to change the WiFi name and password to avoid hacking issues.
Changing the name and password of your internet connection is also necessary to improve the performance of your internet connection. There are instances when other people can access your WiFi, thus result to slow internet connection. That’s why it’s important to have full control of your internet connection to avoid hacking issues and enjoy the maximum speed of the WiFi connection.
Here’s how you can change the default name and password of your Wifi connection:
- Before you start the process, make sure that the Ethernet cable and computer is connected to the router. Disconnect all the devices from the router to avoid interruption while changing the WiFi name and password.
- Open the internet browser that you are using Mozilla, Chrome, or IE and access the PLDT admin page at 192.168.1.1.
- Once you open the PLDT admin page, type in the username and password of your router or the default details:
- A pop-up message will appear, click “ok” and continue to the next step.
- The next page is the “Account Management” field wherein you can change the username and password of your router. After making changes, save the new credentials. If you’re using dual band modem/router, enter the new username and password on both 2.4G SSID1 and 5G SSID. Click the “Apply” button once done.
- At the menu bar of the admin page, click “Network” and on the left side click “Advanced”.
Look for “Passphrase” and “SSID Name”, input the new username and password of your WiFi connection. For dual band, enter the new credentials under “5G Advanced” and click the “Apply” button.
Keep visiting Balikbayan Blog for more tips and guides.