Good news for those who dream to join the PNP Special Action Force. The National Police Commission announced that 5 additional battalions of Special Action Force will be created in 2018. This means recruiting about 2,500 new troopers to comprise the additional battalions. If you’re interested to join the PNP-SAF, please read on.
What is PNP Special Action Force?
The Special Action Force is the elite unit of the PNP or a Rapid Deployment Force in which the function is to conduct operations anywhere in the Philippines. The mission includes the following:
- Commando-type unconventional warfare
- High-level hostage rescues
- Disaster assistance
Qualifications of PNP Special Action Force
To qualify for PNP-SAF trooper, the candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Of good moral character and must not have been convicted or involved of any immorality or c***e
- Mentally and physically fit to go through rigorous training
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree
- Must pass the NAPOLCOM entrance exam and CSC 2nd level eligible
- No records of dishonorable discharge from any government position
- Stands 5’4” for males and 5’2” for females
- The weight should not exceed 5 kgs or more corresponding to the age, gender, and age.
- 21 to 30 years old
- Must pass the medical, general physical, agility test, neuro-psychiatry, and interview
Licensed criminologist, bar exam passers, and CSC professional exam passers are qualified to join the PNP-SAF.
Basic requirements for PNP Special Action Force
- CSC revised Personal Data Sheet
- PSA birth certificate
- Certificate of eligibility (authenticated copy)
- 2 pcs. 2×2 black and white photo with name tag, 1 pc. Whole body picture, and 1 bust-size photo
- Diploma/transcript of records (authenticated copy)
- Barangay clearance, police clearance, NBI clearance, MTC/RTC
- Medical certificate (administered by PNP)
- Handwriting specimen and fingerprint ( administered by NAPOLCOM)
Online application process for PNP Special Action Force
- Visit the official website of PNP Online Recruitment Application System.
- Accomplish the online registration form. Provide an active email address and required personal information.
- A link will be sent to your email, click the link to activate your account
- Log in to your account
- Go to the Online Application Form page and encode the personal details, eligibilities, educational background, previous work experiences, character references, and the PNP unit/office you want to apply.
- Submit the softcopy of documents required for the application.
- The recruitment officer will evaluate the online application form.
- List of qualified applicants will be posted at facebook.com/PNPSAFRecruitmentOfficial/ along with the date of time of reporting.
- Report to the nearest PROs or SAF headquarters
- Qualified applicants will wait for the recruitment process.
- During the recruitment process, the applicant will undergo BMI, swim test, physical agility test, psychiatric and psychology exam, complete background investigation, d**g test, and physical, medical and dental exam.
- The last stage of the recruitment process is the final Committee Deliberation.
Applicants who qualify the recruitment process will undergo the training designed for SAF commandos. The training program includes waterborne rescue, internal security operations, operational testing, barangay module, police intervention, and field training exercise.
The training will take about four months before the test mission. During the test mission, SAF trainees are deployed to real scenario combat operation for a month.
A trainee who survives a real encounter with during the test mission will be recommended for graduation. Successful trainees will become a full-fledged SAF trooper and a Police Officer 1.
PNP Special Action Force benefits and salary
The basic monthly pay for a PO1 is Php29,668 along with monthly provisional allowance, longevity pay, hazard pay, and dental and medical benefits. You will enjoy security of tenure and good retirement package upon reaching the retirement age of 56 years old.