The Facebook Virus is continuously affecting Facebook users particularly in Singapore. Thus, social media users were warned to be careful in opening links, attachments, or videos.
Removing the Facebook virus can be done in two ways. You can either change your password or checking the apps that allows easy access to your account.
Here’s how you can remove the Facebook virus by changing your password:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click the “account settings” and the “change password”
- You need to encode your current password, provide the new password and re-type it in the “confirm password” box
- Hit the “change password” button
Another way is to remove the apps that are not necessary. Here’s how to do it:
- Click “Account” and go to “Privacy Settings”
- Look for the Apps and Websites header and edit the “Settings” for apps, websites, and games
- Review the list of apps and remove those that are not in use and you don’t know
To avoid getting a Facebook virus, you need to be extra careful in clicking links. You should check if your common friends were sharing the same links. Otherwise, you should not click it. Avoid opening the link if you’re not familiar with the URL.
Being aware of the suspicious links is the key to avoid Facebook virus. Even if the link comes from a friend, you should ask him or her about it before clicking the link. Likewise, you should also avoid accessing apps or games on the social network to avoid the risk of getting hacked by cyber criminals.
Facebook virus can also lead to identity theft. That’s why if your account has been flood with suspicious links, the best thing to do is to change your password the soonest possible time. You should also download anti-malware software that you can use to scan your computer and remove virus.